Friday, November 18, 2011

Horn a Plenty Centerpiece

Today my granddaughter spent the day with me, because she wasn't feeling well. We cuddled and read books and after awhile she perked up, so I thought we would make a "Horn a Plenty" for Thanksgiving,  (umm.... I was planning to make it this weekend anyway but it's much more fun to make it with her).  It would be perfect for your Thanksgiving centerpiece.   It's made out of Pillsbury Crescent rolls, so it's also edible.  The fun part was I gave my granddaughter a piece of the dough and she made her own. She had so much fun rolling the dough into different shapes and then molding it around her own tin foil. She is so much fun.
Okay, so here is how I made it:
I used 2 packs of Pillsbury crescent rolls, I think it turned nice. After it cools down, you just add some fruits or nuts and Wha La, you have yourself a festive addition to your table.   Enjoy!
Final results


Supplies needed: 2  packs of Crescent rolls, tin foil, a piece of paper and Pam.

Fold the paper into a cone shape. Then shape the foil around the paper.
Mold the tin foil into a horn shape.  Then remove the paper. Spray the tin foil with Pam.
 Next, roll out the dough in a few rope like links and twist around the tin foil.

 

  


Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes
Once it cools down after baking, slowly remove the tin inside
the the horn shaped bread. My granddaughter made the small one. 
How adorable.

 
A Horn of Plenty

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !


No comments:

Post a Comment