Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gift Baskets

I love it when someone gives me a gift basket, know matter what the theme or reason. It's like getting a lot of little gifts in one.  I also enjoy making them. It's such a fun way to express how you feel about a person because you can personalize each basket.  I made 2 baskets this weekend.  One is for a birthday and the other is for a friend who just recently retired. 


The supplies needed for the first basket.  I with a little Mani / Pedi spa theme.
I went to the dollar store to pick up most of the items.  I also tried to stick with the color theme of green. 
I love how it worked out. It makes me want to put on some relaxing music,
light the candles and give my nails a treat. Maybe enjoying a glass of wine
while I spa it up. (but it's not for me) Ha!

Here are the supplies I chose to make the "Retirement" bucket.
I bought a nice sea spray scented candle, some fresh scented hand
lotion, and a little grapevine wreath.  I also found some funky "Retired" sunglasses
and a "Retirement" photo book.  Daisy was chilling out with me while I made this gift.


I added a few seashells, a dragon fly and some personalization stickers. I stuffed the bucket with tissue paper and some paper straw. Next, added everything to a sand bucket. I used glue dots to keep everything together.
I went with a seashore type theme because the person I am giving this to, has place at the Jersey Shore.
This is my latest basket.  I made this for "Teacher Appreciation Day".
I filled it full of comfort & girlie items, then had each teacher pick out a few items for themselves. 
Most of the items i bought at the dollor store, so it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. 


No comments:

Post a Comment