Monday, March 26, 2012

Name Banner

I wanted to put up a name banner for my daughter's baby "Sprinkle". I have searched the Internet for a baby boy banner.  I wasn't happy with many of them or they were too pricey for what I wanted. I searched, "Etsy" and the Pinterest.  There are some cute ones out there but none of them really caught my eye.  I then thought....make one yourself.  And, that is just what I did.
It turned out really cute.

I went to Micheal's to find some card stock paper.  It was rather expensive there, so I decided to head over to Wal-Mart.  I found $5.00 packs of little boy style card stock.  That was compared to the same type product at Michael's for $20.00 dollars. I already had the letter stencils and I added a few baby socks to the beginning and end of the letters. I also used twine (I already had) for the letters to hang off of. 
At first I used a ruler to make everything perfect but then I thought, it shouldn't be perfect. I believe that DIY projects should come from the heart and like everyone, they should be unique. So, you will see that this banner may not be perfectly spaced, but it is made perfectly from my heart to my soon to be grandson. I already love that little guy to pieces.

This card stock paper had a "Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails" theme with
and a few dinosaurs added in.  Just too cute.


I cut two triangle shapes (2 sizes) for each letter and added a top trim. 
 
 I cut out the letters from a stencil, and placed each letter inside the smaller triangle.
I also glued a few buttons to the corners. Then I punched holes on the top corners
of each large triangle and carefully pulled the twine through.

I also made a clothes line rope with little bibs and booties handing
from the rope.  So Cute!
 

I hung the banner in front of my livingroom window.
 If you look closer to the end of the rope, you can see the little socks I hung at the end of the banner.
 I can't wait to meet baby Johnny!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment