Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thoughts Of Spring

I have been playing around making cakes here and there using fondant.  I know some people think it's easy, but I have a hard time getting a large enough circumference when rolling it out. I was hoping to make a cake for St Patty's day but I couldn't get the green rolled out enough to cover the entire cake.  Oh well, I keep trying.  This is my latest try.

Thoughts of Spring!

My supplies: colored fondant, butter cream icing, shape cutters, water paint brush,
smoother, 2 boxes of Betty Crocker pound cake, wilson cake releaser,
 and colored food markers and pink spray icing.


I used a square pan on the bottom and a circle on the top. Make and bake the cake as directed on the package. Once cake was baked and cooled off.  I dirty iced it with butter cream frosting. Put the cake in the fridge for about an hour to let the icing set. Time to  roll  out the fondant and cut out your shapes.  Next, I applied the shapes (using a water brush) to make the flowers and stems.

Last I sprayed my cake with a pink spray icing. 
I think I might give that St. Patty's cake a second chance next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment