Thursday, September 8, 2011

Gimme Gimme S'mores Sandwich

Here is a quick and low calorie way of enjoying the flavor of an end of summer treat!
 I was watching the "Hungry Girl" show on the Food Network and she made these tasty little treats.  I just had to give it a try.   I think it would be a fun snack to make with your kids or grandkids!

PER SERVING (entire recipe, 1 sandwich) I tripled the recipe because I wanted to share some with my family.   133 calories, 2.5g fat,

Ingredients
  • 1 sheet (4 crackers) low-fat honey graham crackers
  • 1/4 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
  • 1 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I added 1/2 tsp of milk chocolate chips too.
  • 8 miniature marshmallows
Directions

Break graham cracker sheet into two squares. Set aside.

In a small bowl, lightly stir together whipped topping, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. Don't over-stir.

Place one graham cracker square on a plate, and top with whipped-topping mixture. Lightly place the other square on top. I lightly dusted the top with some powdered chocolate, but this is optional.

Freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Store in the freezer until ready to serve.

The ingredients

Mix the Cool Whip and marshmallows


Add the Chocolate Chips
 
Put the Cool Whip mixture between the crackers



Remove from freezer and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment