Sunday, January 29, 2012

Little Baby Shower Candles

These are pretty little candles I made to put on the tables at my daughter's baby Shower.
One of my teachers at my daycare showed me how to make them (thanks Miss Anna).

They are so simple and just looked adorable on each of the tables.  When the shower was over, the guest took them home as favors.  The candles that were leftover saved were used again on my granddaughters first birthday.

Here's how they were made.   Supplies needed - mason jars, baby food jars or even jelly jars.  Tissue paper, different types of ribbon, stickers or baby tags / cut outs. paintbrush & Glue mix (2 parts white glue and 1 part water...mix well).

Directions: Cut up tissue paper into small pieces.  With a paint brush, paint the entire jar with the glue mix. Next, lay the pieces of tissue onto the jar.  Let dry. It may take a few hours.  Next, add a few baby stickers if you choose.  Now you are going to paint over the entire jar with the glue mix again.  Let dry.  Next, add pretty ribbons to the top of each jar. I added a few plastic Binky's that I picked up at the dollars store.  I loved how they turned out.  



This project is a perfect way to recycled jars and tissue paper .


No comments:

Post a Comment