Saturday, January 12, 2013

Valentine Jar

This is a cute way to make all kinds of holiday jars. I got the idea from one of my preschool teachers at my daycare. She made them with small baby food jars and used them as tea light candle holders. The one I am making here is for Valentine’s Day and it is made with a large Mason jar. I am using them to put my homemade cake pops in them.


Supplies needed: Ripped or cut up tissue paper in whatever color you want your jar to be, Glue mix- 3 part white glue 1 part water, stickers or glitter if you want to add these to the jar, ribbon and a nice thick paint brush.

• First paint the jar with the glue mix and then gently apply the tissue paper over laying the pieces. It won’t be perfect and it’s not supposed to. Let the Jar dry…… it may take a few hours.





• Next apply the stickers (I used small hearts) and then apply the second coat of glue to the jar.

• Let that coat dry……..when done drying, you can hot glue pretty ribbon to the top of the jar to cover up the ridges. I glued a strip of heart scrapbook paper.

• I filled my jar with conversation hearts and then I put my cake pops in them. You can use these jars for so many different things and you can decorate all different size jars.



It was easy and fun to make this craft. Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment