Monday, May 23, 2011

Cool Lime Cheesecake

Last Thursday we had a family game night, despite the absents of my granddaughter and her mommy and daddy.  Our little one was not feeling well. :-(    We hope she starts feeling better.

I made this dessert for our family game night.  So, I thought I would share it with everyone.   It's a Cool Lime Cheesecake. It sort of tastes like Key Lime Pie, but has more of a cheesecake taste.  They only thing I would change, is that I used a premade graham cracker crust. Next time I will make my own.  Here is the recipe.

First make up your crust:    1 cup of graham crackers, 3 Tbsp butter (melted), 2 Tbsp Splenda
Combine and then spread into 8 inch pie pan. bake 325 oven for 8 minutes

Next make the cheesecake ingredients
2/3 cup splenda
2 packages of  reduced fat cream cheese (softened)  Don't use the whipped cream cheese
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
2/3 tsp of fresh grated lime peel
3 tbsp lime juice

Beat the cream cheese and the Splenda until it's light and fluffy. Then beat in the rest of ingredients until well blended. Pour into crust.
Bake at 325 oven for 30 minutes.

Put it in the fridge for about an hour. It taste so much better cool.
Right before I served it, I added some REAL whip cream and slices of lime for looks.




This pie was so refreshing. 
Great for summer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment