Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Flower Girl Baskets


 I waited to post these pictures until after the wedding; I figure they should make their début at the wedding ceremony first. My daughter in law wanted to make the baskets for the flower girls, instead of buying them. After all, you can make them to match your bridal party’s colors, instead of the plain white ones you usually buy at a bridal store.  I am always up for doing family crafts and projects, so I was in.   I had everyone over for dinner and then we got to work on the baskets.  They turned out so pretty, white baskets, with chocolate ribbon handles and sheer gold bows for each side of the basket.  Then for the wedding they just filled them with rose petals.  


The supplies needed.


Making the gold bows.


My grandaughter is the foreman. Ha, Ha !


Vera Wang must always be involved in everything.  She snuck herself into one of the baskets.

The handles are wrapped in a sheer chocolate ribbon.


We put pretty gold bows on both sides of the basket.


They turned out so pretty.
My crazy Vera, is in the back ground again. 


1 comment: